10 April 2005
As Manager of the Water Catchments Team of Hornsby Shire Council, I would like to commend Mr Bruce Sullivan of PaceLearning for his professional delivery of Building Better Business Relationships – our Team Building 2-day Program held at Crown Plaza in Terrigal.
The Water Catchments Team members thoroughly enjoyed Bruce’s presentation which emphasised proven and practical strategies in achieving, maintaining and enhancing better relationships through effective and efficient communication: The basis of effective communication can be achieved by elements such as:
* acknowledging there are Different Thinking Styles to gain genuine rapport
* asking Open (Bridging) versus Closed Questions to get full information
* reflecting feelings in dealing with difficult situations
* breaking down resistance and barriers by creating options, choice and flexibility, and
* focusing on genuine relationship outcomes rather than Time and Effort
We had a very beneficial session with Bruce in terms of staff development and empowerment.
I have no hesitation in recommending Bruce to any government or private organisation who is considering such staff development initiatives.